- In the early vintage 1970s TV show, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, I wanted to be Rhoda. The fun quirky character that was Mary’s neighbor.
- Rhoda’s wardrobe was part modern 70s fashion with vintage clothing mixed to together for a Bohemian style.
- She also was a window dresser or display person, as it was called then, and an artist.
- I remember one episode where she was wearing an antique 1920s silk Kimono style robe with fringe. I have that almost identical robe in my personal collection. And I have worn it.
- I finally got into the visual merchandising profession, so I did get to be like Rhoda.
- Here are a few examples of vintage clothing that I feel Rhoda would have worn.
- These she may have had in her apartment.
- 1970s blue platform shoes wedges
Filed under: Bettes Bargains | Tagged: 1930, 40, 50, 60, 70s, accessories, bettebegoodvintage, bettesbargains, character, Clothing, Etsy, hats, Mary Tylor Moore Show, Rhoda, shoes, slippers, tv shows, vintage |